After the Meal
After the feast families often do additional activities. Some like to take walks after eating such a large meal. Some people take naps. Others sit down together to play board or card games together.
- The largest pumpkin pie ever made weighed 2,020 pounds (916.25 kilograms).
- A ripe cranberry will bounce.
- All turkeys and chickens have wishbones.
- Canadians celebrate their own Thanksgiving every October.
- Abraham Lincoln declared a national day of Thanksgiving in 1863.
- The first Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade was held in 1924.
Erin Whitmer contributed to this story.